Monday, August 20, 2012

Interviews with Examiner.com



Check out what Robert Pattinson (who looked dapper in a Gucci suit), his co-stars Sarah Gadon and Emily Hampshire and director David Cronenberg had to say about working onCosmopolis at the New York premiere:

Q: The film is set in New York.
Robert Pattinson: New York seems very very foreign to me, like more foreign than almost anywhere in America, and almost anywhere in the world, I find it like one of the most overwhelming places, but am I more nervous here? I don't know, generally doing stories about New York, I think New York is kind of important, even though it was shot in Toronto.

Q: David Cronenberg said that you were reluctant to take the role at first.
Robert Pattinson: What made me decide was just basically like the only thing that was stopping me was being scared and so I was like, well what am I supposed to be scared of? The only thing I could be scared of was being bad, and it's kind of down to me whether I'm bad or now, but I think people who like Twilight and stuff, how this movie is being interpreted so far, people either love it or hate it regardless of where they come from, or who they are, so I think it'll be the same thing, it's definitely different.

Q: What was it like working with Robert Pattinson?
Emily Hampshire: Amazing, surprisingly so in the way that I didn't know (kind of ignorantly so) that he was a real actor and a good one and has the desire to be a really even better one...He really is normal and instantly I felt like we were instant kind of besties in a way and maybe that is his charm, maybe that is his thing, that he makes everyone feel like they are connected to him in some way....It was like we were all in these mini-movies because it was just me and Rob had our scene, I never worked with any of the actors, so you do feel like the star of your own movie with Rob Pattinson, directed by David, in this tiny little space, so it felt very kind of surreal.

Q: How did you feel when you first found out you would be starring in a film with Robert Pattinson?
Sarah Gadon: I was really curious when I signed on to the project and what I thought was so interesting was that he is someone who is entirely egoless as a person, but he's playing this character who has a massive ego, so it was really interesting to watch him kind of flip back and forth between those two people.
source

No comments:

Post a Comment